Facial Vein Removal
What are facial and leg veins?
The circulatory system is intended to move blood in one direction. In healthy veins, reverse blood flow is stopped by one-way valves. However, vein damage or disease can weaken the vessel walls, causing them to stretch away from the valve. When this occurs, blood can accumulate in the vessel, causing swelling and discoloration. Varicose and spider veins appear red, blue, or purple and sometimes swollen. They are not broken. When capillaries (small, superficial vessels) break, they cause red lesions.
Facial and leg vein treatment
Diseased veins are unsightly, embarrassing, and sometimes even painful. In the past, many people felt doomed to wear long pants, cover their faces with cosmetics, and live with the discomfort. Fortunately, modern medicine offers a wealth of safe, effective solutions to help you look and feel great.
How does facial and leg vein treatment work?
Visible veins are damaged or diseased, meaning that they are not functioning properly. Removal of the vein is not harmful; the blood flow is naturally re-directed to healthy, functional veins. Most facial and leg veins can be treated with procedures that cause them to close naturally and be absorbed by the body. This may be accomplished with light therapy, injectables, or radiofrequency. Occasionally, a minor surgery is needed to remove large, problematic varicose veins.
Facial and leg vein treatment with other treatments
Visible facial or leg veins may be treated individually, or as part of a comprehensive treatment plan to address other concerns. The duration of the treatment plan will vary, depending on the nature of your concerns, and the procedures that are required to correct them. While some dermatologic procedures can be performed simultaneously or very close together, others will need healing time between appointments.
We can devise a plan to clear up skin rashes, improve texture and tone, eliminate problematic veins, reduce the signs of aging, reshape your body, and more!
Facial and leg vein treatment costs
Prices vary depending on the number and size of veins treated, as well as the procedure used. Facial veins treatment starts at $350 per session and leg vein treatment starts at $450 per session
Facial and Leg Vein treatment at Dr. W Dermatology
We have extensive experience treating a variety of facial and leg vein problems. He offers a variety of treatment options, because each individual is unique. After a comprehensive evaluation, he will recommend the most comfortable and effective option for you.
Treatments we provide include:
- Sclerotherapy Treatment – A formula called a sclerosing solution is injected into the problematic vein. Over time, the vein naturally closes and fades away. This is appropriate for spider veins and small varicose veins.
- Laser and IPL treatment – High powered light energy absorbed by hemoglobin in blood cells is used to treat facial veins to eliminate the redness and visible capillaries as well as the redness due to rosacea.
Types of facial and leg vein conditions
We all have veins throughout our bodies, usually hidden below the skin surface. When damage or vein disease cause those near the surface to darken, they become visible.
- Large, bulging, often twisted veins are called varicose. They typically appear on the legs and may cause pain, itching, or burning sensations, particularly after periods of inactivity.
- Smaller visible veins are called spider veins. They frequently appear on the legs or the face.
- Tiny, broken capillaries are a common cause for facial redness.