What is medical dermatology?
Many skin problems go beyond cosmetic issues. From itchy rashes to painful infections or life threatening cancer, dermatological conditions can be serious health concerns. At Dr. W Dermatology, we are dedicated to helping every patient achieve optimal health. Our team is known for their extensive expertise and compassion, delivering quality care and an exceptional experience.
Why get medical dermatology treatments?
We all get rashes, bumps, and spots occasionally. Some are harmless and temporary; others are not. Many people are unsure whether to “wait it out” or call a dermatologist. A few signs that it’s time to visit Dr. W Dermatology include:
- Suspicious spots and moles – Melanoma is an aggressive (quickly spreading) and possibly fatal form of skin cancer. It is often mistaken for moles or other benign lesions. If you have a mole that appears suddenly, changes in appearance, or looks abnormal, don’t wait. Early detection of cancer can be lifesaving.
- Pain or discomfort – There is no need to suffer with an itchy, painful, or otherwise uncomfortable rash when help is just a phone call away.
- Severe acne – Many people expect acne to pass with time. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn’t but either way, bad outbreaks can leave scars if not treated.
- Long term or recurring– If you have a rash or other skin problem that keeps coming back, it is likely a chronic condition. Fortunately, modern medicine provides us with a way to cure or control many dermatological conditions.
- Progressive – A problem that is getting worse instead of better isn’t likely to self-resolve.
- Sudden and severe – A small bump, itchy area, or red spot may appear and fade for many reasons, such as insect bites or contact with common chemicals. However, if a rash develops over a large area of your body, or the symptoms are severe, it may be a serious problem such as an allergic reaction.
- Additional symptoms – Skin health is important to your overall wellbeing. However, a typical rash or lesion shouldn’t make you ill. If seemingly unrelated symptoms such as difficulty breathing, fever, fatigue, headache, or nausea accompany a skin problem, it may be a symptom of a serious medical condition.
Medical treatments at Dr. W Dermatology
We offer a full range of medical services. Dermatologists are trained to diagnose and treat thousands of skin conditions. We can’t list them all, but a few of the most common conditions we see include:
- Insect bites
- Skin Cancer
- Lichen Simplex Chronicus
- Lumps and Cysts
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis)
Don’t take chances with your health, comfort, and appearance. If you have a skin condition that is concerning or bothering you for any reason, call us today. We have two convenient locations – call (281) 771-0494 and schedule an appointment at our Houston office today.