Mole removal treatment available in the Houston-Katy area
Patients seek mole removal treatment for both cosmetic and health reasons. If you are in the Houston area, you can receive excellent care from Dr. S.M. Weaver, a nationally known leader in dermatology. Dr. Weaver provides VIP treatment to all patients and is only satisfied by the highest level of care.
Patients seek treatment for moles that:
- Are possibly cancerous. If you have a mole that is asymmetrical, has an irregular border, more than one color, a diameter larger than a pencil eraser, or has changed in recent months, please call us as soon as possible.
- Affect appearance. A mole may make a patient self-conscious.
- Cause discomfort. Some moles are easily irritated by clothing or jewelry.
Methods Dr. W Dermatology uses for mole removal
- Excision: If your mole is potentially cancerous this is the method Dr. Weaver will use. A pathologist examines the tissue afterwards. The area around the mole will be numbed and the mole will be removed entirely. Stitches may be necessary. If cancerous, early detection is key to effective treatment.
- Shave removal: This technique leaves a less noticeable scar. Minimal aftercare is needed for this method.
- Electrocautery: This is done with special cauterizing equipment. An electric current will heat wires which are used to burn off the upper layer of skin where the mole is located.
After treatment, you may experience mild discomfort. Ibuprofen easily takes care of this. Dr. Weaver will also explain how best to care for the site, including how to clean the area, when to change bandages, and post stitches care.
Here at Dr. W Dermatology, we believe all patients deserve dignity, respect, and kindness no matter why they come to us. We want you to have the healthiest and most beautiful skin possible. Call us today at (281) 771-0494 for a consultation.Back to Mole Removal Page